Sunday, October 14, 2012

An Introduction...



Who exactly IS John Hodgman? In just a few words he’s a man of many trades and talents--Writer, Actor, Radio Personality, Judge, Personal Computer, Deranged Millionaire, Doctor, and many more. But you must be asking yourself He can’t possibly be ALL of these things!?, but alas he is. It probably says so right on his Wikipedia page, which I didn’t lightly skim for information when I wrote this. And the internet has no reason to lie about something like this. I’ve know the internet for ten years now, and you should believe everything the internet says. If you don’t want to believe everything on the internet, it sounds like you have some trust issues you need to work out, and you know who can help with that...THE INTERNET.

While I’d love to talk about YOUR problems I simply can’t, because if I do then I must do what is fair and talk about everyones problems. And I just don’t have that kind of time, for you see I have a dentist appointment in thirty minutes....

...Now that I’m back from my cleaning, what I am here to talk about is WHY Hodgman. To begin, he’s man that has a lot to say and the know-how on how to say it. He’s not afraid to say what’s on his mind, no matter how ridiculous it may seem. How many authors do you know that have the balls to fully disclose the Secret Hobo Wars, that were so deviously covered up by the Roosevelt administration.(to be referenced in a later blog post)

It was to my surprise that people in class weren’t simply jumping at the chance to talk about Hodgman, or even acknowledge his presence. And not a here’s a surprise birthday party’-surprised but rather Mitt Romney finding a five dollar bill in his diamond-encrusted money clip’-surprised. How was this even possible? Are you aware of the “Most Interesting Man in the World”, well John Hodgman has based his life on him. Unfortunately, Hodgman is an asthmatic and must limit his ventures to the city and suburban areas, rural and wooded areas take a toll on his allergies.

His book series is an almanac of “World Knowledge” and I used quotation marks because the book’s “facts”-- quotation marks again--may or may not be fake. FAKE you say, but how can an Almanac -- by very definition a book of factual knowledge-- be built upon a House of Lies. Well did you know that the almanac also was endowed with information containing probable future events like tide tables and weather forecasts, it was only later on that it began to include facts about past events in the year. So by that logic, can Hodgman really be lying about something if it hasn’t happened yet. But if you feel like your trust issues are starting to resurface be my guest and do the faq checking, but good luck trying to find anything on the Secret Hobo Wars.

In summation, the ultimate end-goal for this blog is to educate you on his teachings. So I hope that you can open your eyelids and earholes and take what I have to say to heart, or you can open your wallets and read his “books” for yourself.

-Good Day

1 comment:

  1. While I like your tone, the writing should be clearer. Invite us in with an anecdote about how you discovered Mr. Hodgman and why you connected with him. And the whole leaving and coming back from your teeth cleaning while may seem cute, doesn't advance the story. Good writing serves a purpose. And if this is your ode to Hodgman, make sure you execute it well.

    ReplyDelete